"People only see what is visible, measurable. God sees into the heart. He not only forgives our failures, He sees successes where no one else does - not even ourselves. Only God can give us credit for the angry words we did not speak, the temptations we resisted, the patience and gentleness little noticed and long forgotten by those around us. Just being human gives us value in His eyes, and trying to live with integrity makes us successful before Him. God redeems us from the sense and fear of failure because He sees us as no human eyes can see us. Some religions teach that God sees so clearly that He knows all our shameful thoughts and nasty secrets. I prefer to believe that God sees us so clearly that He knows better than anyone else our wounds and sorrows, the scars on our hearts from having wanted to do more and do better, and being told by the world that we never would." ~Rabbi Harold Kushner

16 April 2008

The first of many...

I am Sam. I am a memeber of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I happen to like girls...and I also happen to be a girl. That may not seem like a problem for some. For some it means ignoring those feelings of attraction to other girls and seeking a husband. To others it means putting away those childhood religious beliefs that your parents taught you and finding someone(s) to enjoy your life with.

To me...well...I wish I knew exactly what it meant. I wish I had a clear idea of what it meant to be attracted to other girls when I have the knowledge and beliefs that I have. Yes, knowledge...for me...the gospel of Jesus Christ is not something I simply just believe is true. It is not a truth that will someday prove to be incorrect...like the physical nature of Santa (I have other ideas about his existence in other forms...but that is for another day)...it is something that I know is true. It is right, and it is prue. I've known that it is true since I was about four years old.

No comments: