"People only see what is visible, measurable. God sees into the heart. He not only forgives our failures, He sees successes where no one else does - not even ourselves. Only God can give us credit for the angry words we did not speak, the temptations we resisted, the patience and gentleness little noticed and long forgotten by those around us. Just being human gives us value in His eyes, and trying to live with integrity makes us successful before Him. God redeems us from the sense and fear of failure because He sees us as no human eyes can see us. Some religions teach that God sees so clearly that He knows all our shameful thoughts and nasty secrets. I prefer to believe that God sees us so clearly that He knows better than anyone else our wounds and sorrows, the scars on our hearts from having wanted to do more and do better, and being told by the world that we never would." ~Rabbi Harold Kushner

16 September 2009

Temple Again

Last Saturday Ky and I went to the temple and did an endowment session. It was great. It was wonderful to be in the temple and especially wonderful to be in the temple with Ky. It had been so, so long for either of us doing a session, and sitting in the chapel was as peaceful and calming as ever. When I walked into the Celestial room I got the biggest grin on my face and was overwhelmed with the reminder that it is my most favorite place on earth.

Ky and I sat in the Celestial room for a while enjoying the spirit that is there. After we left we ran some errands and then went to grab a bite to eat. As we were sitting at dinner Ky commented on how she thinks that when she is married, her relationship with her husband will be much like the relationship that she and I have. Easy and comfortable. I would say those are two words that best describe our friendship. We argue like a married couple, we eat off of one and other's plates, it is irrelevant who pays for food because in the end it will even out. I hope that our friendship can always remain like this, and I hope even more that someday Ky will find a wonderful, worthy Priesthood holding man who will take her to the temple, who will make sacred covenants with her and treat her respectfully and faithfully all her life.

As the day continued I kept going back to how wonderful being in the temple was...each time I thought about it I was brought back to the calmness and beauty that is found there. I hope to someday find a wonderful, priesthood holding man who will take me there as well. In fact I do know that as I continue to keep my covenants that will be so for me. I'm not sad it hasn't happened and I'm not even disappointed that it won't happen in this life. I just want to enjoy my life as much as I can, and follow in the paths that the Lord would have me follow...most likely not as perfectly, but always as best as I can.

No comments: