"People only see what is visible, measurable. God sees into the heart. He not only forgives our failures, He sees successes where no one else does - not even ourselves. Only God can give us credit for the angry words we did not speak, the temptations we resisted, the patience and gentleness little noticed and long forgotten by those around us. Just being human gives us value in His eyes, and trying to live with integrity makes us successful before Him. God redeems us from the sense and fear of failure because He sees us as no human eyes can see us. Some religions teach that God sees so clearly that He knows all our shameful thoughts and nasty secrets. I prefer to believe that God sees us so clearly that He knows better than anyone else our wounds and sorrows, the scars on our hearts from having wanted to do more and do better, and being told by the world that we never would." ~Rabbi Harold Kushner

28 July 2008

Catch 22 version 20.08

So...I had a realization this weekend...if I were to get married to a man...I would never be able to be fully in that relationship simply because it wouldn't be 100% fulfilling...although a temple sealing would exist, and children...but emotionally it would leave something to desire...if I were to be with a woman...well...even if she was everything I wanted, and it was the greatest relationship that I could have in all aspects...I could never marry her. And considering my type she would want to be married...but that is something that is reserved for one man and one woman. Just because I was with a woman doesn't mean I would forsake all of my beliefs...I wouldn't...they would still be there...I would just be living with guilt or something...but i would still be Sam...and Sam doesn't drink, or smoke, and I believe that marriage is for one man and one woman. So I feel trapped. Living a celibate life, emotional or otherwise, just does not feel like something that I can do. My heart literally feels like it is going to break when I think of living like that.

No comments: