"People only see what is visible, measurable. God sees into the heart. He not only forgives our failures, He sees successes where no one else does - not even ourselves. Only God can give us credit for the angry words we did not speak, the temptations we resisted, the patience and gentleness little noticed and long forgotten by those around us. Just being human gives us value in His eyes, and trying to live with integrity makes us successful before Him. God redeems us from the sense and fear of failure because He sees us as no human eyes can see us. Some religions teach that God sees so clearly that He knows all our shameful thoughts and nasty secrets. I prefer to believe that God sees us so clearly that He knows better than anyone else our wounds and sorrows, the scars on our hearts from having wanted to do more and do better, and being told by the world that we never would." ~Rabbi Harold Kushner

17 February 2011

The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
— Carl Jung


The post below is actually my comments to a post I read here.  I think the last paragraph goes alone well with my quote for today.  And the first two are just thoughts of mine.


I wonder about gender all the time. I feel like a girl. I'm happy being a girl. And I'm attracted to girls...on all levels...physical, emotional and spiritual. (and I would add that I 100% believe gender was established before we came here).  Being attracted to women seems such a part of who I am...not just a physical part, but a spiritual part as well. And I have to wonder is it isn't part of Heavenly Father's plan, then why does the attraction go beyond physicality? 

I also wonder why it feels so right, as in "ctr" right, to be with a girl? I've done a lot of things that are contrary to the teachings of the gospel, and truthfully, I've felt in the back of my mind that they were wrong. But when it came to being with my ex girlfriend...it never felt wrong. I felt guilty because I knew in my head that it was wrong...but I couldn't feel it in my heart. Why not?

And one more thing...then I'll stop...as far as the role of attraction...I think "men are that they might have joy" I find great joy in meeting a girl that I'm attracted to and that I connect with...despite the fact that friendship is as far as it will go. There is still so much joy found in that attraction. And when I meet a great guy...though the physical or emotional attraction may not be there (because sometimes the spiritual is) I find great joy in those relationships as well. Perhaps we would be a lot more selfish and introverted were it not for the attraction that we felt for people...emotional, physical, spiritual, intellectual, etc...

No comments: